As the door opened to the Sams apartment, the smell of the spongy yellow cake as it had just come out of the oven would fill the room.
Every other Monday Peer Helpers would meet at the Sam’s apartment to discuss different topics. Rick Sams would treat us with his yellow cake, which every one of us devoured. This cake was delicious and everyone ought to be able to make it.
Now if you want to learn how to delight yourself with THE Yellow Cake, here is the recipe. Enjoy!
2 ½ cups of flour
1 teaspoon of salt
1 cup of sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons of baking soda
1/4 cups of oil
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1 1/2 cups of milk
2 eggs, separated
1/2 cups of sugar
1. Sift together flour, salt, sugar and baking powder
2. Add oil, vanilla and half the amount of required milk
3. Scrape sides of bowl and add the rest of the milk and egg yolks. Beat until well-mixed.
4. In a separate bowl beat egg whites until frothy. Gradually add 1/2 cup of sugar and beat until stiff and glossy.
5. Gently fold egg white mixture into batter
6. Bake in lightly buttered 9×13 pan at 375 degrees F. for 30 minutes